Have you ever needed to refresh a custom webpart or dataview you created in SharePoint Designer (SPD) asynchronously? I find this is something I need more often as I continue to create "user friendly" web parts. As you probably already know in SharePoint Designer you have the ability to enable the "Asynchronous Update" option under "Data view Tools" and place a resfresh button somewhere within the webpart. This gets the job done, but I don't want my users to have to click a refresh button.
So I have been working on a script in OpenBD that loops over a large 1.2GB xml file and parses specific nodes. Since the file is so big I have to loop over the file line by line and build each node individually before running xmlparse() on the roulette-game.org node. Everything was working just dandy until I got to around 6 million lines.
So I nearly pulled out all my hair last night as I spent way to long trying to figure out why my simple xpath query was not working on an EPUB container xml file. No matter what I did my Coldfusion xmlsearch function kept returning an empty array. Turns out the issue was because the EPUB OCF specification uses a default namespace in its root element.
About a year ago I created a script for grabbing my site's recent disqus comments and posted and article explaining the code here. Since then I have noticed there were several pieces of code I did not need in my initial script because the Disqus API did the work for me. In my old script I stripped the html tags from the comments and had a special function to handle gravatar images, but these are no longer needed. I have also added the ability to filter a list of author names from the recent comments list.
Very quick post here. So I moved my blog from a shared hosting account to my windows VPS yesterday and everything worked perfectly except three php scripts I wrote to grab my facebook/twitter feeds and my recent comments from disqus. Since all three scripts use the file_get_contents script I assumed that was somehow the issue.
I setup my own url shortener with YOURLS yesterday and everything seems to work perfectly. The only feature I needed that didn't seem to come OOTB is the ability to add a custom prefix or suffix to the url. My short url is http://ajwh.it, and that's good, but in order to put the icing on the cake I wanted to add the letter "e" at the beginning of all of my short urls.
NOTE: Please try the newer version of this script located here.
A few days ago I tried the default widget for recent comments that Diqus provides, but I just couldn't get it to look like I wanted it.Thus, I decided to look for a different solution and it wasn't long before I noticed the Disqus API.
I needed to create a simple stock ticker for my company's intranet portal a few days ago. I found some information on stackoverflow suggesting that you could make an ajax call to Goggle Finance and get a JSON response. I hooked it up and it works perfectly.
I've been using KeePass for about a year now to manage my most of my passwords and it's great. KeePass has been around for awhile and has plenty of plugins that integrate with multiple browsers and mobile OSes. Recently I stopped using Keepass's browser plugins in favor of it's OOTB Auto-Type functionality. For most browsers the process is simple and well documented, but for some reason I couldn't find a simple solution for Internet Explorer. Thus, I hacked one up.